Review the file you want to upload and import
When you enter data into the template file, check that the data format and file format are correct.
The Import Price Data tool provides a template file for you to enter your price data.
The template file is a spreadsheet in CSV format and consists of four columns, in the following order:
Before you upload a file and start the import process, check that the data format and file format are correct.
When you enter data into the template file, check that the data in each column are the correct format:
- Ingredient: This column contains text, which is the name of the ingredient. You can enter letters, numbers, and special characters in this column.
- Quantity: This column can only contain numbers. It cannot contain letter or any special characters.
- Unit: This column contains text, specifically, the unit of measure that is used in the ingredient’s price. During the import process, Fillet will try to recognize the units entered. Learn more
- Price: This column can only contain numbers. It cannot contain letters or any special characters. Also, even though this data refers to a monetary amount, do not enter any currency symbols ($, ¥, €, £, ￦, etc.) or currency codes (USD, JPY, EUR, AUD, etc.).
Do not change the order of the columns in the template spreadsheet. This will cause an error during the import process. The order of the columns, from first to last, must be as follows: Ingredient, Amount, Unit, Price.
Before you upload a completed file, check that the following are correct:
- The columns are in the same order as the template file.
- The file is in CSV format. The Import Price Data tool only accepts CSV files.
If the file format is not correct, use your preferred spreadsheet application to export the file in CSV format, or to put the columns in correct order.